Rosengarten Realty & Development - Effective Guidelines for Home Sellers
Once you make the decision to sell your home, it’s time to select a professional real estate agent, who can get the job done correctly.
A professional Realtor® is a valuable resource, and can guide you to your goal of selling your home for the right price.
The basic building block of successful home selling is forming a relationship of mutual respect and trust between you and the real estate agent, who is your representative.
Rosengarten Realty & Development has outlined a number of actions as you prepare your home for sale, work with your real estate agent and meet prospective homebuyers.
- Begin with an overall survey of your home. Walk through and identify areas which may need minor maintenance, cleaning, organizing or repair, or can benefit from additional lighting.
- Think how you prepare your home when a good friend is coming visit.
- Remember when a potential buyer walks into your home, you want it to be welcoming, bright, and clean
- Keeping personal items to a minimum, which includes reducing the number of personal photos
- Speak with your real estate agent about simple ways to detail your home.
- Ask your agent to suggest a painter, plumber, electrician, floor refinisher or carpeting expert who can make small repairs, if they are needed.
- Ask your real estate representative to prepare a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) of recent sales of similar homes in your area.
- When the CMA is done, discuss the findings with your agent and begin to determine a selling price for your house.
- Try to set the right price for your home from the very beginning, the price you and your agent think it will actually sell for.
- Make a commitment that your real estate salesperson will be the primary contact with prospective homebuyers and other agents. Avoid calling, emailing, texting or meeting them on your own.
- Put aside your personal thoughts or feelings about homebuyers who visit your house. If you meet a prospective buyer be polite, courteous and positive.
- Remember that selling your home is a team effort. Respond quickly to your agent’s request for information and be flexible about scheduling visits by prospective buyers.
- Keep in mind that selling a home is all about the details. A professional real estate agent wants to understand what is important to you, how to best serve your needs and what is to be expected to successfully complete the sale.